The Federal Aviation Administration will allow commercial drone use, a revision to old laws, which permits America’s skies to be filled the flying marvels. Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) plans eventually to use drones for product delivery. It is already a huge supplier of drone products available at its sites.
The drones Amazon sells range from products that cost less than $100 to those that cost tens of thousands of dollars. The new drone regulations restrict drone use to ones that weigh less than 55 pounds, and they must fly below the 400 foot level. Amazon sells an army of these.
One of the drones Amazon sells costs only $49.98 but has a large number of features. The Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 FPV Explorers2 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Headless Quadcopter Drone UFO with HD Wi-fi camera has:
Headless/IOC function. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Headless/IOC, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction. This lessens the steepness of the learning curve and allows the pilot to enjoy flight while slowly learning each specific orientation of the quadcopter.
Equipped with the latest 6-axis flight control systems, 3D lock, More scheduled flight, operating more to the force!
Equipped with HD camera to take photos and videos while flying! Bring a new perspective to your photos and videos from the air.
Wifi FPV allows you to view photos & video while flying It supports any IOS and Android phones. The cell phone holder keeps your phone secure all the time.
One key 360° roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance.
At the other end of the spectrum, Amazon has a $11,999.50 product, the Freefly Systems ALTA UAV. It has an insane number of advanced features:
- Fast Setup – Unpacks, ready to shoot, in under five minutes
- Heavy Payloads – Optimized for up to 15-pound payloads
- Sky View and Ground View Configurations – Capture cinematic aerial shots like never before with the option to mount the MoVI on top or bottom
- Ultra Lightweight Frame – Constructed of carbon fiber and made in the USA
- Integrated SYNAPSE Flight Controller – The Freefly SYNAPSE combines high quality calibrated sensors with proprietary control algorithms to allow users to execute complex flight patterns with ease
The 15-pound payload is well below the FAA maximum.
For most recreational users, especially those on a tight budget, the Cheerwing Syma quadcopter should do.