It is still fairly thin in analyst upgrades and downgrades as this week marks the return of investment banking and research departments from what is nearly a two-week hiatus. Here are the few stand-out calls we have seen early this morning with more than two hours to the open:
- Altera (NASDAQ: ALTR) Raised to Outperform at Wachovia.
- Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) Raised to Overweight at JPMorgan.
- BCE (NYSE: BCE) Cut to Sector Perform at Scotia.
- Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) Cut to Neutral at JPMorgan.
- Leap Wireless (NASDAQ: LEAP) Raised to Outperform at Wachovia.
- PDL BioPharma (NASDAQ: PDLI) Raised to Neutral at JPMorgan
- Town Sports International (NASDAQ: CLUB) Cut to Neutral at Piper Jaffray.
- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) Cut to Perform at Oppenheimer.
- Yamana (NYSE: AUY) Cut to Buy at TD.
Jon C. Ogg
January 5, 2009